Chennai 2 KanyaKumari
This entire H2H 2K2K Road Trip is being made into a DVD Movie.
In fact all my previous Road Trips have also been made into DVD Movie.
This movie will have all the photos, videos, text with explanations & very nice MP3 Songs for background which will ultimately make watching this movie as a virtual journey along with MN family to NEPAL in your own home with your own family a very memorable experience for sure.
Anyone who is interested to get them please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address & contact number & I will respond to you. The DVD Movie is under preperation & will be ready shortly.
What I am sharing with you all in this blog site is only the photos & not the videos taken and these priceless videos will be there in the DVD Movie.
I can assure you it will be real fun & worth watching it on big screen as a Movie over a nice weekend.
Send mail with your requirement to email@example.com
I am not in a position right now to write any detailed blog with the heavy daily driving (only single driver) & paucity of time.
I hope you all would have read the prologue in the previous page.
I had mentioned about the P’s.
One P leads to many P’s.
I will start with the first p.
For a road trip of this size & magnitude very detailed planning is required to ensure that everything is in place and there are no surprises.
|Highway to Himalayas - H2H|
|Kanyakumari 2 Kathmandu 2K2K|
|8500 KMS - 16 Days Road Trip in FIAT LINEA MJD|
|Chennai - Kanyakumari to Kathmandu|
|From||To||Distance in KM||Time Reqd Avg 70 KMPH||Qty of Diesel Reqd||Cost @ Rs.52/- per ltr|
|Rudrapur||Bardia N Park||143||2||9||465|
|Total - A||5834||83||365||18961|
|Kathmandu to Chennai Return Journey|
|Total - B||2906||42||182||9445|
|Grand Total (A+B)||8740||125||546||28405|
· Detailed checklist for Preparation.
· For car – Insurance renewal on 2nd December 2012, New Tyre change wheel alignment, wheel balancing, Car maintenance Oil Change, Air Filter & Oil Filter Change, ECU Scanning & Complete through checkup, Ground Clearance upgrade kit.
· Route information.
· Preparation for winter clothing –thermal wear, sweaters, muffler, monkey caps, ear plugs, woolen socks, hand gloves, woolen bed sheets.
· Preparation for personal ware clothing- since the trip is from 21-12-12 till 6th Jan 2013 we optimize on the clothes and we packed the clothes wisely thanks to the lady.
Planning leads to preparation,
Preparation leads to Prepedness,
Prepedness leads to peace of mind and
Peace of mind leads to Progress
With all these peace tied up we proceeded on our way from Chennai to kanyakumari.
- Vision without action is Day Dreaming,
- Action without vision is Nightmare,
Vision with action is Progress.
Preparation - Check List
Long Distance Drive Check List
Check List for Car
· RC Paper (Original & Photo Copies)
· Driving License (Original & Photo Copies)
· Insurance (Original & Photo Copies)
· Pollution Under Check Certificate (Original & Photo Copies)
· Emergency Contact Numbers, Names
· Blood Group of Occupants (Name, Age & Blood Group)
· Car’s Complete Manuals & Service Center Details
· Sun Glasses & Reading Glasses
· Car Jack
· Tow Rope
· Foot Pump
· Air Pressure Gauge
Tyre Remover Spanner, Screw Driver
· Adjustable Spanner
· Spare Tyre Check
· Engine oil and Radiator coolant, Fuse
· Spare Head Light Bulbs
· Car Wash Shampoo
· Wind Shield Cleaning Liquid
· Colin Glass Cleaner
Car Cleaning Clothes
· Mat Cleaning Hand Brush
· GPS Navigation Device
· Video Recorder
· GPS Tracker
· DC to AC Inverter
· Insulation Tape
· Soft Scorch Bite
2 Powerful Torch (Small & Big) & Spare Batteries
Car Perfume & Deodorant (Ambipure)
· 5 Liter Plastic Spare Fuel Can & Funnel
· Yellow Tape to be put on Head Lamps driving through Gujarat
Laptop, Camera, Mobile Phones
· Laptop with Power Chord
· Internet USB Modem Data card
· Camera (Sony Cybershot & Fuji)
· Camera Charger & Batteries
· SD Card reader
· Mobile Car Charger & regular Charger
· USB charger
· Passport for all 4 (Photocopies)
· Passport Size Photos for all
· Office ID card
· Address Proof Letter
· Office Visiting Cards
Personal Care Items
· First Aid kit (Cotton, Cotton Gauge, Dettol Solution, Band Aid, Ear Buds)
· Hand Sanitizer Liquid Hand wash Soap
· Nivea Cold Cream & Vaseline Moisturizer
· All Out-Mosquito Repellent Liquid & HIT Spray
· Soap (Bathing & Washing Soap Bar & Power Sachet Packets)
· Tooth Brush & Paste
· Shaving Foam & Razor & After Shave Lotion
· Deodorant Spray & Perfume
· Hair band, Clips
· Coconut Oil / Hair Cream / Gel
· Olive Oil
· Antiseptic Cream
· Momate Cream
· Nasal Clear Drops
· Iodex / Moov Pain Balm
· Vicks Vaporub Cream
· Tablets – Crocin, Tablet to Stop Loose Motion, Head Ache, Digene, Pudin Hara, Hajmola, B Complex, Multi Vitamin Tablet,
· Electrol Powder
· Costyle Anti Dehydrant Powder
· Three pin plug
· Extension Cord
· Pens, Pencils
· Note Pads
· Plastic Plates
· News Paper
· Hot Pack Box
· Mini Utility Set (Red Colour-Knife,Bottle Opener etc in one)
· Paper Plates (Small & Large)
· Thermos Flasks
· Car Electrical Coffee Maker/Water Warmer
· Water Bottle
· Slippers, Sports Shoes, Thick Cotton Socks
· Hand Kerchief
· Hand Towels
· Sports Shoes
· Small Lock & Key for Carry Bag
· Nylon Rope & Cloth Clips
· Plastic Disposable Bags
· Razai Bed
· Pillows with Pillow Covers
· Rear Pillows
· Bed Sheet
· Big Stick
· Toys, Crayons, Color Pencils, Coloring Books, Drawing Books, Story Books
· 1 Hammer for Breaking Glass in case of Emergency with instruction to Wife & Kids
Personal Wear Items
· Thermal Wear
· Monkey Cap
· Ear Protection Plugs
· Jeans Jacket
· Cloths Dresses
· Inner Wear
· Thermal Wear
· Bed Sheets
· Carpet on Seat for Back Seat
I am adding few of the photos that I had taken from NOKIA Lumia on the Car's Preperation New Tyres being fixed, wheel alighment & balancing. GPS System from SATNAV.
1. Tyres from YOKOHAMA India
Sincere thanks to Mohan Uthappa of Yokohama & to Yokohama India for giving the support to our MYFIATWORLD.IN forum where our forum members get Corporate Benefit for Yokohama Tyres.
Mohan Sincere thanks to you for all your help & support.
Proud to say that we did this Trip on the Yokohama C Drive Tyres - Not a Single Puncture throughout the 9300 KM trip, Awesome Performance, Superior Grip, Complete Cusioning from the Extreme Bad Roads, Superior Cornering through the snakey mountain terrains in Nepal, Total confidence what more do we need.
2. GPS System for India's No.1 GPS Company SATNAV
Car's Navigation Syatem was from SATNAV Technologies India's No.1 GPS Company.
I had 3 of SATNAV's Equipment
1. GPS Navigation Device
2. On-line GPS Tracker
3. Video Camera Recorder
3. Car' StickeringCar's Stickering was done by Rathnaa Car Decors located at Arcot Road in Chennai. The entire designing of the stickers in all the doors, & rear boot & the colorful India Map with the route mapping was done by Essilor India Pvt Ltd Design Team from Bengaluru.
It has come out just awesome & fantastic & the end result is Superb.
Hats of to the design team who did this from Bengaluru & to Rathnaa at Chennai for executing it perfectly by printing them in Chennai & doing an excellent sticking.
I hope Essilor India Team & Arun who were involved in this Project will be very Happy & Proud with the end result.
I sincerely first thank the Essilor India Management & the man who made this possible - "Arun Nagaraj".
Day - 0
Time: 10 PM Departure
Starting Place: Chennai
Destination Place: Kanyakumari
Our neighbours in Ground Floor Padmanabhan Uncle & Aunty were kind enough to feed all 4 of us before we started off & wished us all the best & Bon Voyage.
We picked up our first battle scar. It was my mistake.
I am adding few pictures that I missed of 22nd December 2012.
After checking into the hotel & getting freshned up we went to Suchindran to visit the famous Hanuman Temple.
According to wikipedia:
Suchindrum is a temple town situated in the southern most district of Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu State, India.
It is 11 km from Kanyakumari city and 7 km from Nagarcoil town 70 km from adjacent Tirunelveli district and approximately 85 km from Thiruvananthapuram / Trivandrum City.
The town of Suchindrum is renowned for the Thanumalayan Temple and was an important Citadel of Travancore.
Suchindram temple is unique in the whole of India in that it is dedicated to three different deities represented by one image in the sanctum and is called Sthanumalayan (Sthanu-Shiva; Maal-Vishnu and Ayan-Brahma) kovil (Temple).
The temple is rich in sculpture and architecture and a visitor to this temple is amply rewarded with the sight of such exquisite art of hundreds of years old.
After Suchindrum Temple Visit we went to Kanyakumari Bhagavathy Amman Temple. It is worth the visit. Pictures are not allowed. All men & boys will have to enter the temple with bare chest without any cloths on the top of the body.
So please be prepared to remove your Banyan & Shirts. This temple follows the rules similar to Kerala Style rules & regulations which are very strict & there is a dress code imposed.
The dress code is also applicable for women. They used to insist women to wear Saris only but now they have accepted the Churidars.
On the way to KK Amman Temple we stopped for a small photo session.
We stayed in Udupi International Hotel @ Nagarcoil which is just 20 KMs short of Kanyakumari.
This is a very good hotel & has ample parking space, good ambience and worth the time, money spent there,
The tariff is also very reasonable too. I will definately recommend this hotel to any one who is planning to visit Kanyakumari & has a own vehicle / Taxi.
You have just finished viewing the photos of Day - 0 i.e Chennai to Kanyakumari.
Now Day - 1 of this Trip Starts from 22.12.2012 - Saturday.
Please kindly bear with me for the delays as I am doing too many multi tasking.
Right now I just finished this page from Bikaner in Rajasthan - I drove from Udaipur to Bikaner at 10 PM night & reached Bikaner covering 590 KMs and am on my way to visit the Junagadh fort.
After the fort visit we will be heading to Amritser.
We have by now covered 3800 KMs already of this trip.
So you will have all the action with photos shortly as & when I find time.
My son Uthamkumar is helping me in writing the text for the blog in a word document which I am dictating while driving.
My little 5 year old daughter Shrimeenakshi is helping me writing down the odometr rwading on the toll gate slips as & when her mother is sleeping & the little one told me today at early morning 4 AM do not disturb the mother, I will help you in writing the numbers. I was so touched with this.
My wife is keeping track of the tolls, fuel bills, hotel bills etc.
To Read the 1st Prologue Page Click on this Link below;
To Read the progress from Day - 1 please wait for further update.
To Read the next 2nd Page details of Kanyakumari to Bengaluru Click on this Link below;